Thursday, April 11, 2013

26 Weeks! And so much to look forward to!

I am in my 26th week as of a few days ago!  I'm not exactly sure when the 3rd trimester starts--I've heard varying weeks--but I feel like this is my last week in the 2nd trimester.  After this week, I have 13 weeks left to go! 



April is such a great month.  Starting out with April 1st, the Brewers season has begun again!  Josh and I went to Opening Day.  While tailgating was cold, the game was a lot of fun and the Brewers won in extra innings.  And then they went on a nice losing streak after that game, but I still love them. :)

Last weekend, we went to Oshkosh to visit my sister, her husband and our niece.  We went outlet mall shopping and I got some baby clothes and maternity clothes.  And best yet, we then went out for a great steak dinner at our favorite supper club!  Yummmm.  I need to go back there at least once more before I have this baby for some goooood food!

The middle of the month has one thing to not look forward to--my glucose test on the 15th.  Luckily, my doctor gave me the great orange drink at my last appointment, so I can drink it at home first and then go in for my appointment to get my blood drawn.  I've heard it goes down better with a straw, so I plan on doing it that way.  

But thennnnn, the end of the month brings LOTS of great things!  Starting on the 20th, I have 10 wonderful days off of work!  I took a week of vacation a long time ago because Josh and I were originally planning this nice trip to California for our 5th anniversary.  We were going to see the Brewers play in San Diego and hang out there for a little bit, then drive up to Los Angeles and see the Brewers play there and hang out, and even try to get in the Price is Right audience.  But then I found out I was pregnant, and decided to skip this trip to save some money.  But I still have all the days off of work, and I will make the best of them!!

Here's what we have to look forward to:

--Saturday, April 20th:  This is a busy day!  We start out with a tour of the hospital I will be giving birth at.  Then, my good friend from my old church is having a birthday/bachelorette party!  I can't go to the whole party because we already have plans that night, but I will be attending the spa day of the party and will be getting a wonderful facial and manicure. :)  Then, at night, Josh and I will be going to the Mark Schultz concert at a church close to our home!!  Mark Schultz is a Christian artist and is AWESOME in concert.  You should check him out.  Here are a couple of my favorite songs by him: Walking Her Home and Love Has Come.

Tuesday, April 23rd: THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!!  If I can't go to LA to be in the audience, then this is definitely the next best thing.  The Price is Right will be in Milwaukee at the Riverside Theatre.  They will be picking people from the audience just like on the show and playing the same games!  Drew Carey will not be the host (I'm not sure who is) and I'm sure the prizes aren't as extravagant, but I know it will be fun and I am soooo excited for this!  

**On a side note--if anyone has any good ideas for a t-shirt Josh and I could make, let me know!  Either something 5th anniversary related or baby related!? 

Sometime on my days off: Going to visit my two good friends and old college roommates, Liz and Melissa, and their two new babies!!  Yayyyyy. So excited to meet both of them!  They both just recently had baby girls--one a few weeks ago now and one just last week.  So happy for both of them!

April 25th-28th: Josh and I are going to Minneapolis for a long weekend 5th anniversary/"babymoon" (I hate that term, but I'm still using it, haha) getaway.  We are staying by the Mall of America and will definitely be doing some shopping and eating there.  We also plan on checking out Target Field and going to a Twins baseball game.  They're not playing the Brewers, but oh well.  We like baseball and seeing new stadiums.  Of course, they don't have a roof, so we are going to wait to buy tickets until we get there to see which day has the best weather.  We are so spoiled here in Milwaukee with our roof.

And saving the best for last: Our 5th Anniversary on April 26th!  I can't believe it's been just about 5 years.  It goes by so quickly!  We will be in Minneapolis for this, so I'm hoping to go out for a nice dinner there and whatever else the day brings.  

Here we are on that wonderful day 5 years ago:


And now I suppose for pregnancy related stuff:


How far along: 26 weeks!
Total weight gain: Not sure--I haven't been to the doctor in almost 5 weeks, but I go on Monday.  I'm going to guess about 17 pounds so far--but I have nothing to base that on. :)
Maternity clothes: Still loving them!  Just got some shorts for the summer (now it just has to warm up!) and a dress to wear to my shower next month.  
Stretch marks: None yet, yesssss.
Sleep: Is going ok.  I still need to get that pregnancy pillow I talked about in a blog weeks ago.  I've learned how to manage my leg cramps at night, but now to add on to that, once in a while, I'll wake up with a cramp on the side part of the bottom my leg (like ankle area) and side of my foot.  Not quite sure how you'd stretch those areas and unfortunately those cramps are worse than any calf leg cramp I've gotten so far.  I'm almost crying in pain from those!  
Best moment of this week: Well, this week kind of sucks because I've been working a lot and I work this weekend, but I will say today and tomorrow, since I have off and can watch The Price is Right. :)
Miss anything: Not really, this week.
Movement: Lots of it still.  I've heard of people getting jabs that hurt, and I've had none of those so far.  Maybe my baby is just weak like I am. :)
Food cravings:  Nothing new.  I still eat a good amount of salami sandwiches though!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!  
Have you started to show yet: Uhhhhh, yeah.  I feel huge.
Gender: Still a girl!  Charlotte!! 
Labor signs: Nothing, thank goodness!  :)  Working at Children's Hospital makes me very aware that my baby could be born this early and most likely survive, but I'm still hoping to make it until week 40. 
Belly button in or out: It's kind of half way in and out.  So weird.
Wedding rings on or off: Still on.  And still big on me.   
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for the most part.  Except for a random moment of moodiness when I came home from work super tired and sore Monday night.  You can ask Josh about that one. :)
Looking forward to: Read the rest of this blog post.  I'm looking forward to everything!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi. You don't know me but a friend of yours gave me your blog. (http://jenth.blogspot.com/)

    She tells me you run while pregnant. Do you keep track of your heart rate? Do you have any specific posts about it. I'm skimming through and haven't found anything yet. (You can reply on here. I subscribe to comments or you can reply to the email with the comment. I think that'll get to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I actually don't run as much now that I'm further along (I do the elliptical probably more), but I do try to keep my heart rate in the 150s when I ran when pregnant. My doctor didn't say anything specific for that number, but I kind of came across it online when searching one day and I found that I can still breathe well and didn't feel too bad when I kept my heart rate around that number. I don't have any posts about it, and I probably don't do it in the best way, though! I don't wear a heart rate monitor or anything. But I will stop every once in a while and take my heart rate and if its way above the 150s I'll slow it down a little. I pretty much know by now how fast I can go to keep it in that range, but I still stop and check it once in a while. And it's nice to get that quick rest while I check it.

    ReplyDelete