Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A clean house is a happy house. I guess.

I was going to write about this new shrimp and rice recipe I just tried. But it was not good at all, so I will not be telling you about it.

Therefore, I will take this time to tell you about my new cleaning schedule I made up for myself. I've been keeping up with it for 2 weeks already, which is good for me! Usually Josh and I will do most of our cleaning right before company comes over. And that's about it. Even though our place is small, it just seemed so overwhelming. So, I figured if I do something little each day, it won't take up too much of my time, but will pay off in the long run.

Here is my schedule:

Mondays: dust tables, shelves, etc. Windex mirrors and windows

Tuesdays: Swiffer all pergo floors (which is all the floors but the kitchen and bathroom; we have no carpeting)

Wednesdays: Swiffer and mop bathroom floors

Thursdays: Swiffer and mop kitchen floors; remove everything from kitchen counters and wipe them down completely, clean kitchen sink

Friday: Vacuum rugs, couch, and fabric on chairs

Weekend: pick up misc. stuff laying around; clean bathroom sink, toilet, and bathtub

And then there's stuff I've made a list of to do once or twice a month:

Once a month:
Clean coffee maker
Clean kitchen drain
Clean inside of the microwave
Clean out pantry

Twice a month:
Clean out fridge/expired foods in there
Wash sheets (this may not seem like a lot, but I'm no good at remembering to do this)

Let me know if there's something you think I should put on my list. I may not add it, because let's face it, I hate cleaning. But if it's something essential that I missed, I'll think hard about it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Michelle - I feel like a slacker - some of those things we never do (or not that often). Are you doing all this by yourself? Or are you enlisting Josh on this schedule :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do it myself. I figure I'm only working 12 hours a week that I can step it up around here too.

    ReplyDelete