Monday, September 14, 2009

Well, at least it was edible..

I tried a new recipe, again, last night. I think I'm just getting bored with our normal food. And as I said in my title, at least it was edible.. I think that's all it had going for it. My one tip for you after making this recipe: make sure you have all your ingredients before you start! I realized that I didn't have some of the ingredients that I could've sworn I had, as I was making each part, so it was too late. I improvised without them, and it just wasn't the same.

The recipe I tried was actually a few recipes I put together--fettucine alfredo with chicken and sauteed spinach.

Because I'm feeling lazy right now, I'm just going to link to where I got the recipes from instead of type them all out. I apologize in advance.

Alfredo Sauce

My problem with this is that I only had HALF of the amount of parmesan cheese I was supposed to. Therefore, the sauce didn't quite thicken enough. I find that to be a problem. Alfredo sauce is supposed to be thick. But like I said, it was still edible.

Sauteed Spinach

And my problem with the sauteed spinach is that I didn't have any garlic. I usually use minced garlic whenever a recipe calls for garlic. And I guess that was my problem--I always use it. Therefore, I didn't have any like I thought I did. So I sauteed it without garlic. It was still pretty good, but I'm sure it wasn't the same.

I am happy to say that the chicken and fettucine noodles were very good. :-) I have to say that I am liking chicken thighs wayyyy more than chicken breasts lately. Next time I make this, I will make sure I have all my ingedients first.

Here's my non-professional picture of the meal.

1 comment:

  1. Pete and I bought some chicken thighs a couple of months ago because they were on sale - and have been buying them ever since! I use them in that recipe where you bread the chicken in cornflake crumbs and parmesan cheese - really good! I also used them in chicken noodle soup in the crockpot and we liked the soup much better with the chicken thigh meat.

    ReplyDelete