Monday, March 30, 2009

Twas a good weekend!

It was a very busy, but fun weekend! It started Saturday, when Josh and I finallllly ventured up north a little bit to visit my sister, Paula, and her boyfriend Ben. #14: Visit Paula in Fond du Lac. And now one of those trips is complete. I say finally, because she's been living in her new place there for over two years now, and the last time I went to visit her is when she needed help moving 2 years ago. I know...I'm a bad sister. Well, anyway, we didn't actually go to Fond du Lac, but that was out of my control. We went to Oshkosh, where her boyfriend lives. Fond du lac...Oshkosh...what's the difference?! I'm still counting it.

We started out this visit by completing #38: Start a Roth IRA. The boyfriend, Ben, was very nice and helped us set that up, even though I'm sure we're one of his smallest investors. :-) We're now on our way to saving a littttle bit more for retirement! Thanks Ben!

Then, we drove to Appleton to have dinner at The Melting Pot. Twas good, as usual. It seems now that we're starting to be frequent guests of this restaurant. But I'm pretty sure we won't be there again for a while. Here is a picture of our visit there:

Then, we went back to Ben's apartment and played some DDR on his Wii. I had never played before, but I figured that it could be that hard. Ummmm, yeah. I was wrong. It was about 100 times harder than I thought it was going to be. But still fun. We had a really good time hanging out with Paula and Ben!

Then, on Sunday, we drove to Neenah, WI to visit some of Josh's family. Josh's Grandma is visiting from California, so they were having a whole family get-together kind of thing. We had some goooood steaks, goooood conversation, and I got to see a cute dog!

Oh, and one of the most exciting things that happened this weekend--we FINALLY got our wedding album! Yay! It's only been almost a year. :) But I love it and it was definitely worth the wait! If you're gettting married in the Appleton area or somewhere around there, I'd definitely recommend our photographer: Picture This of Wisconsin. (http://www.picturethisofwi.com/). Jenni, the photographer, takes amazing pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment