Thursday, June 18, 2009

Campinggggg

I'm back! No, I'm not dead. I've just been sick and really busy lately, and haven't had time to blog. The good news is that when I'm really busy, I'm probably checking at least one item off of my list!

Let's start with #5: Go camping with Josh. We successfully completed that this past weekend. We went camping at Governor Dodge State Park in Dodgeville, WI. It was a very nice and big park! There were hiking trails and beaches and dog beaches. We didn't hike at all or go to the beach, BUT we did make it to the dog beach. Which, by the way, wasn't all that exciting. It was very small and neither dog liked the water. But it was worth a shot. We thought it'd be more fun to spend our days having washers tournaments and playing beer pong anyway. :-)

Rather than spend more time talking about our fun weekend, I'll just show you some pictures.


This first picture of Josh and me making S'MORES! I was looking forward to this the most on this trip. The first night we were there it rained, and I was disappointed I didn't get to have one. But the 2nd night was very nice and made the s'mores well worth the wait.


Here is me and my old two college roommates playing beer pong. I am 25, almost 26; I've lived at college for 4 years, and have never played beer pong before. Until now. It was fun. However, I have a strong dislike for beer. I ended up filling up 1/3 of the cups with my yummy wine coolers so I could last until the end of the games.



This is me, with my friends' dog Reeses. She hated me at first, but then warmed up to me nicely. Probably because I taste salty.


Here are the college roommates again with our much needed coffee in the morning! Thank goodness for camping stoves and perculators (don't know if I spelled that right!), that allow us to make coffee even without coffee makers.



And here is our family picture. Apparently, we had to borrow a dog to complete our family.



This camping trip has also allowed me to cross another item off my list! #96: Don't watch t.v. for one whole day. Saturday, June 13th, 2009, would be that day. There were no t.v.'s on our campsite, therefore, I couldn't watch it. One campsite we came across while walking around, though, did have a Direct TV satellite on it. I guess that family couldn't go one whole day without watching t.v. Maybe they should make a list like this and make that one of their items.

And lastly, I haven't done this one yet, but, Josh and I have signed up to volunteer at 'Fiesta Waukesha' next weekend--June 26-28th. After we do that, I can then cross off #87: Volunteer for something with Josh off my list. A friend of mine works for the organization that puts together 'Fiesta Waukesha' and is need of volunteers. So, we signed up for a shift! Our choices of work stations were: parking attendants, face-painting for kids, beer tents, or soda tents. I definitely said no-thank-you to the face-painting area. Kids and art are not two of my strong points. It looks like we'll be in either a soda tent or a beer tent. Yay! If you're free that weekend, come out to Fiesta Waukesha, by the Fox River, and get a beer or soda. :-) There'll be music, food, drinks, etc...pretty much just like any other festival. But we'll be there, so that make it just that much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment