Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Smiiiiiile Miiiiiile

I just signed up for my 2nd 5k of the summer, and it just so happens to be this coming Saturday. It's called Laura's Smile Mile and it's down on the lakefront. This race benefits Ovarian Cancer. We ran this same race last year and Josh and I each got 2nd place in our age division. This year, we're the next age division up, which happens to be a more competitive age group. Let's see if I can keep up the tradition of getting a medal.


One difference between this year's race and last year's race is the TEMPERATURE. I vividly remember that it was over 90 degrees at this race last year. It was HOT. I had to lay down at the end of the race because I thought I was going to pass out! I felt very dizzzzy. The temperatures have been well below average so far this summer, so it'll be lucky if we even get to 70 degrees at the hottest part of the day on Saturday. This should make for much more comfortable running conditions.


Come cheer me on!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your race Michelle....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete