Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Whole Bunch of Stuffff

This is going to be an update post. As I said in my last blog, I've been super busy lately and haven't had time to update too much. I guess that's what summer does to you! But here are a few things that have been going on:

I made a couple new 'recipes' this week. They're not realllllly recipes, but they're new meals for that I haven't made before (even though they're super easy), so I'm going to count them! The first one is chicken and cheese quesadillas! Yummmmm. I even made some extras of these to eat as leftovers for lunch. All you need is chicken, shredded cheese, and some tortillas and you're good to go. I made them on my griddle and they turned out just fine. I supppose you can use an actual quesadilla maker, but I see no need for it. To make them even better, dip them in sour cream and/or guacamole and your meal is complete!

The second new 'recipe' I made this week is marinated chicken. Why didn't I think of this before!?! Wayyyy better than regular grilled chicken. I just bought a marinade in a bottle from the grocery store and poured it into a big baggie, put a few chicken breasts in, and let it sit in my fridge overnight. The next night for dinner, I grilled them on our George Foreman grill and they were very lemon-peppery! :) I wanted to make them on an actual grill, but Josh didn't come home from work until later, and I was too nervous to attach the propone to the grill myself. I would probably blow everything up. :)

On to update #2. I have now finished the second Twilight book: 'New Moon.' It was as good as the first, and now I can start on book #3! On a related note--Josh and I rented the Twilight movie on our Apple TV last night. I do have to say that I was not as impressed with the movie as the books. We didn't even finish the whole thing. I thought the acting and lines were pretty choppy and they just stared at each other a lot. I might have to try watching the rest of the movie by myself tonight to see if it gets better.

If you've seen the movie and read the books--what do you think?

And lastly, I have now completed #87: Volunteer for something with Josh. We volunteered in the beer tent at Fiesta Waukesha--which is put on by La Casa de Esperanza. It was a very nice day for it and it looked like there was a decent turn out for the event yesterday.

Here's a picture of Josh in the coooool t-shirt we got:

3 comments:

  1. Did you speak Spanish to the customers? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No....I've lost my Spanish abilities. I could barely understand what the Spanish volunteers were saying :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...the Twilight movie is not the same as the book. You fall in love with the characters, and how dreamy Edward is, and love how klutzy Bella can be. The first movie doesn't truly highlight these characteristics. But you're going to love the 3rd book...hurry up, so we can talk about the 4th!!!
    Congrats on your new recipes, too! Doesn't it feel good to make something that you love to eat?

    ReplyDelete