Friday, July 10, 2009

Storm the Bastille!

I ran my 2nd 5k of the season last night to help with #68: Run at least 3 5k's per year. I did the 'Storm the Bastille' race at 9 p.m. in downtown Milwaukee. There were a TON of people that run this race, so it's hard to actually 'run' it. The first half of it is more like a light jog trying to get around people so I can actually start running. But it was fun! Josh and I crossed the finish line at 27 minutes, but we didn't actually cross the starting line until it was already more than a minute into the race. And considering the first half was pretty slow, I think we did great!

We didn't stay too much after the race to actually enjoy the Bastille Days festival because I'm boring and like to sleep so I'm not toooo tired at work the next day. :-) But the race was still fun!

Our next 5k is next Sunday the 19th for my work's annual meeting! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment