Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A really happy birthday to me!

Good thing it was my birthday last week! That helped me accomplish a few more things on my list that I would've definitely put off.

Let's start with #54: Get a fire extinguisher. Now, you might start to wonder if I've been having a lot of fires in our condo or something. I have not. However, sometimes I get so paranoid that our stove top is just going to burst up in flames when I use it, that my mind can now be at ease with a fire extinguisher. This was one of the things Josh got me for my birthday! And it's one of my favorite presents! He even got the 'kitchen' version in white. It's so classy.

I bet you want one of your own now.


Josh also helped me accomplish #57: Plant flowers on my porch. Also for my birthday, not only did he buy me some flowers to plant, but he actually planted them himself!! He's so nice. I didn't take a picture, but they're purple and kind of look like gerbera daisies to me, but I think they have another name. And they definitely spice up our small, kind of ugly porch! Thanks Josh!

And lastly, thanks to my birthday again, I was able to accomplish #97: Complete our dishes set. Yay! Now we have 12 sets of dishes and are alllll ready to have a dinner party. If only our small condo could accomodate 12 people. Someday, someday.. I didn't receive dishes as a birthday gift from anyone. However, my mother was in town visiting and wanted to take me shopping for my birthday. I decided I wanted to go to the Prime Outlet Mall in Kenosha, so that's where we went. At this outlet mall, there is a Corelle outlet store. Corelle just happens to be the brand of our dishes. (I love Corelle--they don't break even if you drop them, which is definitely a plus to me!). I wasn't exactly looking to buy more sets of our dishes, but decided to go into the Corelle store to look at them anyway. However, I couldn't find our set on the loooong wall of dishes. I was a little bummed I didn't get to see them, but didn't care that much. I mean, they are just dishes. BUT, on our way out of the store, I saw them. They were sitting there all lonely on the table of discontinued items!!! Sadly, our dishes are being discontinued. I make a split second decision and decided to purchase 2 of the boxes to complete our set. But the gooood part was--they were on sale because they are discontinued! Yay!

Just so you're not thinking that we must've picked out super ugly dishes--dishes so ugly that they have to discontinue them--here is what they look like:

They're not that bad, right?

And there you have it. 3 items accomplished all because I had a birthday. Maybe my birthday should come around more than once a year? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment