Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dirt Cake!

Getting my new recipe of the month out of the way early--I made Dirt Cake for Josh's birthday yesterday! We tried it last night, and it was good! Yay me.


Here's the recipe: (courtesy of my mother!)

1. Crush one large pack of oreo cookies in blender. Set aside.
2. Cream together: 1/2 stick margarine, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix well: 3 cups milk, 2 packages instant french vanilla pudding, 12 oz. cool whip
4. Combine #2 and #3 together and mix well.
5. In a plastic pot (8 inches or so) layer crushed oreo cookies and pudding mixture, ending with the cookies on top.
6. Put in gummy worms or gummy squirrels as you desire.


Side note: Cover the hole at the bottom of the pot with tin foil if there is a hole!


And here are my pictures:







And in a completely unrelated to anything note: Cake Boss is my new favorite show! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment