Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies



I was making these cookies for Josh to bring to a church group that he's in. It turns out, however, that it wasn't actually his turn to bring the snack this week. Soooo, now we have a ton of cookies to eat ourselves. Not only did I make these cookies, but I also made some shortbread cookies for him to bring as well. That's for another post though. :)

I got this recipe from Krystal, who always has a ton of good recipes on her blog! I don't ever make cookies from scratch. Usually I just buy the dough and bake it. But I had some time on my hands, so I gave it a try. And it was very easy. And I got to use my big mixer!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter = 1 stick of butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I actually bought chocolate chunk pieces. You can also do 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, & sugars until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and egg until well blended.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Stir into the batter until moistened.
4. Mix in the oats and fold the chocolate & peanut butter chips until evenly distributed. Using my cookie scooper by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

I think the most amazing part may be that I actually made exactly 3 dozen cookies! Usually recipes say that it makes a certain # of cookies, and I get maybe 2/3 of that. But I actually got the right amount this time.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, good job girlfriend!!! I wish I had some of these right now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good! And - you made shortbread cookies and it's not even Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle! Anytime you make too many cookies, you can feel free to send them to me! They look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete