Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sonic!

I FINALLY went to a Sonic! Josh mentioned that I should've made this #102 on my list: to go to a Sonic. It was pretty exciting. They've been playing the commericals for Sonic here for many years, yet, there was never one to go to. So, when they finally opened up the first one in our area last month or so, I was very excited to say the least. Josh and I tried to go once before, but the line was way too long and I was hungry. :-) We tried again last night. There was still a decently long line. We probably waited to get a parking spot for 20-30 minutes. We opted to have the full Sonic experience and have the roller-skating workers bring us our food, instead of going through the drive through. That was probably well worth it in itself. Now here's my review of their food: it pretty much just tastes like any other fast food restaurant. HOWEVER, they have TOTS! As far as I know, you can't get those as a side dish at McDonald's or Burger King. Nope. Only Sonic. I definitely enjoyed the tots. And my cherry slush. :-) I hear they're opening more Sonics in our area in the near future!

Now back to my real list. I forgot to mention last weekend that we now completed #56: Caulk our bathtub. This was a job I wanted to accomplish a while ago. But like most things in life--one thing in the bathroom just lead to another and another and another. And here is the sequence of events that made me not caulk the bathtub last month:
  • I removed the old caulk on our bathtub with intentions to re-caulk that same day.
  • While I was down in the bathtub removing the caulk, I noticed that a lot of the grout between the tiles was cracked--a lot.
  • The next weekend, we decided to remove the grout between the tiles, with intentions to re-grout that same weekend.
  • While Josh was removing the grout, he noticed that it was wet and spongy behind a lot of the tiles. Decided that couldn't be good.
  • We weighed our options and decided to remove ALL of the tile and drywall from the bathtub area and start over.
  • We decided to go with a 'tub surround' instead of re-tiling. But after measuring our bathtub area, we realized that our bathtub is 1 inch shorter than most, making it hard to find a tub surround in the stores. We had to special order one online, and it took 2 more weeks to come in.
  • We decided to replace our shower fixtures while we were replacing everything else.
  • Then, what was supposed to be our weekend long project of taking down the tile and installing the new drywall and tub surround took a week and a half, as we had to re-do some of the piping behind the shower wall.
  • About a month after I started the re-caulking project, we finally got everything installed and we could caulk it again.

And there you have it. #56 is complete and our bathtub is caulked. And it looks great. Feel free to look at my 2 photos below to see our new tub surround. Tis pretty exciting. And now we dont' want to do any more work on our condo for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment