Tuesday, April 21, 2009

They say a lot of celebrities do pilates..

so I wanted to give it a try! I've always been somewhat afraid of doing the group exercies classes at my gym. I prefer to lift weights and work out on my own. But then I saw that they're now offering a 'beginning pilates' class. I always heard a lot about pilates, so I wanted to give it a try. I went last night to the class. There were maybe 10 other people in there. At least that meant that there wouldn't be a lot of people staring at me while I tried to do the 'moves' (that's my biggest fear in the group classes!). It was a 45 min. class. And I have to say that I was bored. I don't know what I expected pilates to be like, but I thought it'd be more than what it was. Maybe it's because it was a beginners class. I don't know. But I walked out of there feeling like I didn't even work out. I didn't sweat. I don't even think my heart rate went up.

Yes, it did work out my butt a good amount. And my abs somewhat, too. But I do stuff that works out those areas in my weight lifting that I do 3x a week. So, all in all, I guess I was disappointed. I like to be active in my working out, and that didn't bring it! Maybe I'll have to try Zumba...

Oh, but at least I have now completed #70: try a group excercise class at my gym. That's one positive out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment