Sunday, April 12, 2009

Your traditional Easter meal

Josh and I had some family over for an Easter lunch today after church. And of course, I made your traditional Easter food: bbq pulled pork sandwiches, taco dip and chips, veggies and dip, and cookies. :-) It's all food I like, anyway!

These pulled pork sandwiches turned out to be a new recipe for me. So I have now completed my new recipe for the month of April. It was very simple, and very good! Sorry, no pictures this time around though. I forgot. :-)

Here's the recipe though:

2 lbs. pork (I used the shoulder cut...it was the cheapest!)
1 can root beer (any brand)
18 oz. bbq sauce
8 hamburger buns

Place the pork in a slow cooker. Pour in one 12 oz. can of root beer. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours, until meat is very tender.

Drain meat and pull it apart. (If it's done, it should pull apart very easily)
Add bbq sauce and put back in slow cooker for 1-2 hours on low.

And enjoy!

This should make about 8 sandwiches.

See, I said it was very easy. We tripled all the ingredients because we had a lot of people coming over to eat. And we barely have any leftovers; so that's always a good sign!

And because I like pictures, I will put up some of our FINALLY finished bathroom project. What we thought was going to a 2 day weekend project took about 1 1/2 weeks. We finally got to use our shower this morning for the first time in about 10 days. And it was nice.

In short, what we did was take down the old tile and drywall in the bathtub area to put up new drywall and new bathtub walls. We also wanted to change the fixtures for the shower. That turned into a big project in which we had to re-do much of the piping in that area. But it's done. And it works. And it's beautiful.

Here's our new shower walls and fixtures:


We still have to finish up some painting and other little projects, but at least we can shower here again! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment