Monday, May 18, 2009

23 minutes and 59 seconds is LESS then 24 minutes

If I did the math correctly, that means that I have successfully completed #66: Run a 5k in less than 24 minutes! And I beat that goal by ONE SECOND. And it was very windy! There's nothing like cutting it close. I didn't actually think that I'd beat that goal on my first race of the season. I mean, that's why I am doing the 5k training program. I'm still going to continue with the training program, obviously, as we still have 3 more races to go this summer and I'm hoping to get a better time on each one.

And just in case you don't believe that I actually beat 24 minutes, here are the results from the website:


bib number: 590
age: 25
gender: F
location: New Berlin, WI
overall place: 129 out of 646
division place: 10 out of 63
gender place: 28 out of 344
time: 24:03
pace: 7:45
nettime : 23:59

Don't be confused about the 'time' and the 'net time' categories. I did actually cross the finish line at 24:03, which is over 24 minutes. However, I didn't start the race right up in the front of the group, so it factors in the fact that I didn't actually cross the starting line until 4 seconds into the race. So there. I win. Yay.

Our next race is on June 6th! I'm hoping to get at least 23:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment