Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First 100 Days...

Yesterday was my milestone 100th day with this list. Well, that's assuming I've counted correctly. And if I didn't, it's pretty darn close to 100 days. I figure that if the President of the United States can be rated on the job he did in his first 100 days, then so can I. So here is a summary of what I've accomplished and what I've failed to accomplish so far.

I might as well get my failures over with. Yes, I have failed at a couple so far. I went into this thinking that I was going to try my best and if I didn't get some done, that I'd be ok with it. There are a lot of items here and I only have so much time in my day. I am sorry to say though that I have failed at accomplishing #1: Read the Bible with Josh once a week. Josh and I read parts of the Bible every week anyway for our 20-Somethings small group at church. But we usually do it separately when we have our own time during the week. I put this one on my list to encourage Josh and me to read together and spend more time together. Well, that worked for the first few weeks, and then we went off our own separate ways again. Now, I'm back to doing a lot of the reading during my lunch breaks at work. Oh well. We still talk about the particular weeks' subject together, but we have failed to actual read them together. According to #81, that's $5 to a charity when I'm doing with this list!

After much thought, I've decided that I have also already failed at #20: Take a small weekend trip for every anniversary. While we are going to Washington, DC in August, and Josh and I decided together that that's going to be our anniversary trip since the one we were thinking of taking over our actual anniversary didn't work out; I do not want to count that as an anniversary trip for this list. We didn't actually go over our actual anniversary a few weeks ago, therefore, it doesn't count. That's another $5 to charity!

Now, let's move onto happier times. Things I have accomplished so far. I'm not going to go into too much detail about most of them, but after counting them up, I have completely finished 12 items on my list! (That's $36 to charity!) And that's 11.88% for you math people. And, I am currently up to date on 10 of the on-going items. So I am happy with my progress so far. Yes, it has been painful trying to keep up on my flossing. I hate flossing. And it has been hard to eat one fruit a week (yeah, don't make fun of me), I have managed to do it thus far. And my body thanks me.

And finally, if you're not tired of reading quite yet--here are a few items that I plan on accomplishing very soon!
#5: Go camping with Josh (we already have reservations made at Governor Dodge State park with some friends of ours to go camping in June!)
#21: See the Brewers play in 2 other stadiums (one of those will be accomplished August 22nd in Washington, DC!)
#25: Go on a hike somewhere! (I'm hoping to hike a littttle bit while camping in June)
#54: Get a fire extinguisher (I'm expecting this from Josh for my birthday, yay! This also makes me realize how boring I am by asking for this for my birthday)
#57: Plant flowers on the porch (it's flower-planting time right now, isn't it??)
And finally, #96: Do not watch TV for one day straight (I mean, I can't watch t.v. while I'm camping, can I?) That may be taking the easy way out for that one, but it counts! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't count #1 as a failure yet - it's not too late to start! Just pick a time every day - like before bed and stick to it and pretty soon it will become a habit and you will look forward to it. You will be surprised how it keeps you close :-) And in my opinion NEVER ask for a fire extinguisher for your birthday or any other holiday! It sets a bad precedent (sp?)! A fire extinguisher is a good thing to have but not as a gift - jewelry is always nice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get her more than a fire extinguisher!

    ReplyDelete