Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I made THREE new recipes this week!

And now I will tell you about them. All were good! Two were very good, and one was just plain old good. But I think with some trial and error, that plain old good recipe can be made into very good.
Because I'm lazy, and so this blog post doesn't become toooo long, I'm just going to post links to the actual recipes, instead of typing them all out on here. Same thing anyway. You are in luck, however, because I did remember to take pictures of all three!

Let's start with the one I made first. I made this as a dessert to bring to Josh's family's get together. While it didn't quite look like the picture, it was still VERY good and I didn't have any leftovers to bring home...always a good sign!

Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl

These are all the ingredients used:

Here's what it looks like after the strawberries are added:

And now here's where I encountered my first problem. I realized the bowl I used was bigger than the bowl that is recommended, therefore, my top layer of filled didn't quite cover up the strawberries and pound cake like it should've. Oh well, it still tasted great. Looks aren't everything.


And here is where I encountered my second problem! I was supposed to melt the chocolate and 'drizzle' it over the filling. Yeahhhh right. That chocolate showed no signes of drizzing. Therefore, it was dropped on in clumps. Doesn't make it pretty, but it still was good.



And apparently, I forgot to take a picture of the final product. You can look at it in the link up above, or I can just tell you that you put some whipped cream over this and then add some chocolate covered strawberries on top of that. And walla. It's done.


Caesar Pockets

Here are the ingredients used:

The picture turned out kind of weird, but here is everything mixed up in the bowl:

And finally, here are the finished pita pockets!



This is my just 'plain old good' recipe. Everything was good, however, I think for my taste, they could use a littttle LESS caesar dressing. I put same amount in as the recipe calls for, but I feel like all I could taste was the caesar dressing. Next time, there will be less! There have been took to take for lunches to work to mix up my usual, boring turkey sandwiches. :)

Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

Josh just got his wisdom teeth out today! I made these for him to eat in the next few days when he can't have any hard foods. I tried a bite before I put them in the fridge for him, and they were very good! Definitely creamy!

Here's a picture of all the ingredients used:

Here are the potatoes boiling in the broth:


And here is my final product:

And there you have it. I probably won't be doing this much cooking again for another month at least. It's a lot of work!
If you happen to make any of these recipes, let me know how you like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment