Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Clean Car and a Night Out. Yay!

I'm back and working on a couple more items on my list! I'll start again with the boring ones. I have doing well so far on: taking my vitamin every day, going to the gym, giving Josh's massages, and reading the Bible with Josh. This week we will have a true test though...we can't go to our 20-Somethings group on Wednesday night, so we don't "have" to read the chapter of Acts they're going over. But I have faith that we'll make time for that anyway. It's always good to have that time with Josh. Oh, and I've been consistent with eating grapefruit about every other day so far. This week, though, my fruit of choice will be cantelope, since that's what we bought at the grocery store. I would've LOVED to have come green melon to go with my cantelope, but I couldn't believe the prices of the melons. Since they're out of season around here, one small green melon was $4.50. I just couldn't get myself to spend that much on what would probably get me a few pieces of melon. I guess I'll just have to wait until summer!



Last Sunday, February 8th, I cleaned out my car. That was the start of #93: Clean out my car and keep it clean for one month. I didn't want to write about this last Sunday when I first did it, because I didn't know if I'd be able to actually keep up with having my car clean. All it takes is one stop for coffee, or a store, and my car will have empty coffee cups, receipts, bags, etc., littering the floors. But I feel like I can write about it now, because it has been one week, and I have kept it clean! This is a VERY BIG deal. Yesterday, Josh and I stopped for coffee before the gym, and instead of leaving empty coffee cups in my cup holders like usual, I took them out and threw them away. That's progress. Last week when I first cleaned it out, I had 3/4 of a garbage bag full of stuff from the floors and the trunk. Napkins, cups, bags, church programs, water bottles, etc. And because I felt good about having a clean car on the inside, Josh and I took advantage of the nice weekend and got our cars washed as well. That didn't last long, as it rained and snowed last week, but at least my car looked good for a day!



Also, this past Friday night, Josh and I might've accomplished #2: Dress up and go out to a nice dinner. However, I don't think I'm going to count it because it was for my work, and not just by ourselves. But because I don't get to dress up very often, I'm going to write about it anyway. :) My work had it's "Evening of Honors" at the Pfister Hotel. It was a very nice event. It started out at 5:30 with some cocktails. Then a short speech around 7 and finally dinner around 7:30. We were served salmon and filet mignon. Very good stuff. Then some awards were given out and finally we got to dance the rest of the night away! It was a very good night out! Here's some pictures of us looking all fancy. :)





We're planning on going out somewhere for our anniversary in a couple months, so hopefully then, I'll be able to cross #2 off of my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment