Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Melting Pot Experience

Other than the ongoing items, I haven't done anything big off of my list. But, just so you know I'm still alive, I figured I should write something. So, I am going to tell you all about my Melting Pot restaurant experience.
Our good friends Sarah and Scott came to visit us from Sheboygan last night. We haven't seen them since their wedding back in October! This is the Sarah and Scott from #18 on my list: Go to Sheboygan to visit Sarah and Scott. However, I can't mark that one off of my list since they came to visit us instead.

We decided to go to the Melting Pot for dinner since they had a gift card they got for their wedding and they had never been there before. It was a very fun experience, and I even took pictures of the different courses, so you know what we're working with. It was all very good and probably more food than I should've eaten in a day.

We did the "Big Night Out" dinner. That dinner included all 4 courses: the cheese fondue, the salad, the meat fondue, and the dessert fondue. From the Big Night Out menu, we chose the 'Fondue Feast' for the meat portion. The 'Fondue Feast' includes: filet mignon, cedar plank salmon, Memphis BBQ pork tenderloin, Key West shrimp, Honey Dijon Chicken, Spinach Artichoke ravioli, and fresh vegetables.

First, we started out with the cheese fondue. We decided upon the listed cheese: Boston Lager Cheddar Cheese Fondue. The description of this is 'aged cheddar cheese blended with Samuel Adams Lager, Tobasco sauce, Worcesteshire sauce, and chopped chives. (Please note that some of those items should have the trademark 'R' with the circle around it after the names, since they are brand names....I just don't know how to do that on here). :) This cheese fondue was very good! They give you bread pieces, vegetables, and apples to dip in it. If you're like me, you may be thinking that it seems VERY strange to dip apples in cheese. But, I tried it anyway, and I am surprised to say that it was VERY good. And I don't even like apples. So there you go. Here is a picture I took of our cheese fondue pot:



Next course, you get a salad. I got the Southwestern Cobb salad. I didn't take a picture and I'm not going to go into detail on this because I'll just assume you've had a salad before.

Next course is the main course--the meat fondue. I listed all of the meats that come with the 'Fondue Feast' above, so I won't get into that again. But here is a picture I took of the plate of meat that Josh and I shared. Yummmmmm, raw meat.



It may not look like a lot, but trust me, it is. We barely finished this whole plate. But Josh stepped up, and finished what I couldn't. This next picture is of the fondue we cooked the meat in. We chose one called 'Coq au Vin'. All I know is that it had some garlic in it, some wine, some mushrooms, and some other random spices and such. It was very good. Here's a picture I took of that:



How the meat works is that you get another plate to put your cooked meat on. Each person has fondue sticks that are different colors, so that you can put your piece of meat into the pot, without getting it mixed up with someone elses. You put a piece of meat on the stick, and place it in the pot. Chicken and beef you leave in there for 2 minutes. The rest you can leave in for 1 1/2 minutes. I usually just kept them in the for a while to make sure they were cooked fully. I get nervous about stuff like that. We also got a ton of sauces to dip the cooked meats in. It's all very good. Unless you're a vegetarian, then it's probably not that great.

And now we go on to the final course...and possibly the best course...the dessert! Even if you're stuffed after eating the prior 3 courses, you'll somehow make room to eat the dessert. We chose the 'Cookies n Cream Marshmallow Dream' chocolate fondue. It was dark chocolate, with marshmallow cream and oreo pieces. VERY GOOD. You get marshmallows, cheese cake, pound cake, brownies, bananas, and strawberries to dip in this. Here's a picture of the dessert:



They start it on fire when they're first mixing up the chocolate. Don't worry, the fire goes out before you dip your dessert in it.

And finally, here's a picture of the 4 of us at the restaurant. It was certainly an enjoyable experience!


Oh, and then we came back to our place and listened to the audio clip online of the 911 call in Connecticut, of the woman who's chimp attacked another woman. Just a great way to end the night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment