Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What do you think constitutes a workout?

I'm only asking because I don't know if I should count my last two "workouts" for #67: Workout at least 3x a week. If these past two don't count, I don't think I'll have a problem hitting my goal for the week, as I went to the gym on Sunday, and am planning on going tomorrow and then Saturday. But I'm still curious on your thoughts.

Let's start with Monday...I went to the gym, with the intentions of doing my normal non-weight-lifting-workout of an hour on a treadmill or the elliptical, or a combination of both. However, I had a headache. I had this headache before I left, but it wasn't that bad, so I thought I could still go on with my night. Boy, was I wrong though! After about 25 minutes on the elliptical--and not going at my full intensity--I just couldn't take it anymore and had to go home. Which I then left immediately, and pretty much went right to bed when I got home. Does this count as a workout? I fell 35 minutes short of my usual time there. I didn't sweat too much--just enough to make it look like I had done something, but not enough for Josh to be too grossed out to sleep next to me.

And then, yesterday, Tuesday...Josh and I went to the gym right after dinner. However, since it was The Biggest Loser night, we were on a time crunch. I have to be home for The Biggest Loser! So, we got to the gym by 6:15 and we just lifted weights for about 25-30 minutes, and were walking out the door by 6:45. Does this count as a workout?? I do lift weights about 2-3 times a week. I strive for 3 times, but sometimes only do it twice a week. But usually, when I lift, I then follow it up by a half hour on a cardio machine. Which I didn't do last night. I had high intensity while lifting...which even caused me to strain a muscle in my neck.

So, now that you have the facts, let me know your thoughts on this. Do these count as workouts for my #67?? I mean, yes, I did do something to attempt to work out those two nights, but nothing compared to my usual workout, and I barely felt tired after each of them. I'm torn.

Oh, and to follow you up on #69--my push-up goal...I did 28 push-ups last night! My plan to accomplish this goal of being able to do 40 consecutive push-ups, is to do one more each week. I do push-ups whenever I lift weights at the gym, so about 3x a week. And each week, I'll do one more push-up than the last. This week is 28 in a row. So, based off of this, I should have this goal accomplished in about 3 months!

3 comments:

  1. i say those do count as workouts.. :) GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd count those as workouts because even if you didn't do your normal workout you still did something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime you workout for over 30 minutes I say it counts

    ReplyDelete