Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Quick Update..

I thought this was newsworthy enough for me to make a post about. It's 8:35 p.m. I got back from the gym about a half hour ago. Normally, right now, I'd be eating a bowl of ice cream, or some cookies, or something entirely unhealthy. But no. I have right in front of me a bowl of cantelope. I don't know what's wrong with me. I went into the freezer all ready to get out the ice cream, and I had a sudden craving for cantelope. So there you have it. This is probably a once in a lifetime event. Tomorrow will be ice cream again. Even though it's freezing here, I still have to have my ice cream!

And to make this post somewhat exciting, I will put up some pictures of our bathroom. We're working on #46: Completely finish renovating the bathroom. We painted half of the bathroom a sage green this past weekend. We only did half of the bathroom because: 1) we're kind of lazy and 2) we wanted to see if we liked the color before doing the whole thing, and 3) we're kind of lazy.

We then put together our shelving unit and medicine cabinet that we got for a nice deal at overstock.com. $1 shipping is the best! And then, last night, came the big step. Actually putting our new mirror and medicine cabinet on the wall, without making unnecessary holes because we measured wrong. We only yelled at each other maybe twice during this process and that yelling must have been key, because we were very successful. We got them up with just one try.


Oh, and we got a new light. yay! (We're going with the bronze fixtures--I feel they don't show water spots and dirt as much as brushed nickel and chrome--therefore, less cleaning for me. Another yay!)

Here are some pictures of our handy dandy work.





2 comments:

  1. Looks great Michelle, and I think if add little decor elements to the cubbies it will pop! Think like little odd shaped bright colored glasses...even using "used bottles" can work for you. Or some cute candles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're hoping to consolidate some of the stuff in the shelving unit to make it look better. We want to get a couple basket-like things to hide some of the clutter. Decorating is our next step!

    ReplyDelete